(0x8007007E, 126) Outlook Express could not start... ERROR

Goetz Burggraf

Apr 3, 2001, 6:16:42 PM4/3/01
Dear group members,

A few hours ago, I have converted one of my FAT32 partitions to NTFS.
I'm on Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP1 with Outlook Epxress 5.5 SP1
German. The OE message store was on that partition, and after it has
been converted, OE refuses to start, giving the message:

"Outlook Express konnte nicht gestartet werden. Der Outlook
Espress-Nachrichtenspeicher konnte nicht geöffnet werden. Möglicherweise
ist nicht ausreichend Arbeitsspaicher vorhanden, oder der Datenträger
ist vollständig belegt. Wenden Sie sich an Microsoft für weitere
Unterstützung. (0x8007007E, 126)."

Translated: "Outlook Epxress could not start. The Outlook Express
message store could not be opened. Possibly there is not enough working
memory, or the hard disk is full. Contact Microsoft for further support
(0x8007007E, 126)."

After clicking OK, a second message appears, saying something like "OE
could not start because MSOE.DLL was not initialized or is possibly not
intalled correctly."

I've tried various tricks, including moving and renaming the store
folder, deleting identities from the registry. I also de-installed IE
5.5 SP1 i.e. downgraded to IE/OE 5.0. Nothing helps.

The DBX files structure seems to be still OK though.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Goetz Burggraf

Joe Wild

Apr 3, 2001, 11:52:12 PM4/3/01
Check out the following site under problems. It might help.

http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5/problems/index.htm

.......Joe

"Goetz Burggraf" <euv-...@euv-frankfurt-o.de> wrote in message

Tom C. Koch

Apr 4, 2001, 8:44:21 AM4/4/01
I would suggest you move all the *.dbx files out of the store folder, then
start OE. It should then start normally and create new default folders. Then
import your mail messages from the moved store folder via
File|Import|Messages|OE5|Store folder. You will lose your newsgroup files,
but they are the most likely to have been corrupted anyway.

--
Tom Koch MVP tk...@mvps.org Awareness is free.
Outlook Express 5 FAQs: www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE5/faqs

Tom C. Koch