Print problem with Outlook Express 5.5

Leslie Ion

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
When I print emails the carriage return/new line prints as a thick vertical
bar.  This problem does not occur when I print from any other program.

Would greatly apreciate any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem.

Leslie Ion

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Sounds like messages in HTML. That vertical line is part of the message
(assuming that it is on the left side).

--

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
The Microsoft MVP Program does not constitute employment or contractual

"Leslie Ion" <les...@acr.net.au> wrote in message

Leslie Ion

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00

(Sorry Frank, I think that I inadvertently sent this to you email address -
I hope that I am doing the
right thing this time!)

The thick vertical bar is on the right hand side i.e. at the end of the line
where the carriage return/new line character would be located. Presumably
the line return character is there as there is a move to a new line and in
all other respects the print out is normal.

However thinking further about your reply the annoying thing is that the
vertical bar does appear at the left hand side of the page from the end of
the message to the bottom of the page. If this means that your explanation
applies can you please tell me what to do print out emails without this
effect. The appearance of the print out is not good and, particularly on
those occasions where an extra page with little or no content appears, I
have to wait until a full page of vertical bars is printed down the left
hand side of the page before the print completes or I must cancel the cancel
the print and realign the paper etc

Thank you for your response. I look forward to any further help you may be
able to provide.

Regards Leslie ion

Leslie Ion
les...@acr.net.au

Narasimha

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

I am also having the same problem with OE 5.5.
I have a dot matrix printer with which I print the incoming mail messages.
But there is a slight difference from what Lesion wrote.

While printing the mail message,
a)
if I choose TRACTOR as paper feeder setting in the printer-properties dialog
box, I get a thick border on all the sides of the page i.,e a thick box type
border and it is particularly thicker on the right hand side of the message.
b)
If I choose AUTO SHEET FEEDER as paper feeder setting in the
printer-properties dialog box, I get a thick border line on either sides of
the message but not at the top and bottom.

This borders prints irrespective of HTML or plain text e-mail message.
This is quite annoying, since it takes a lot of time for the borders to be
printed though the mail message is about 2-3 lines.

Can anybody tell me how to disable the printing of the borders wholly in
OE-5.5 or else I should back to OE-5.

Thanks in advance

Narasimha