WinDbg under Vista: Access is Denied Errors

瀏覽次數:555 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

h.codebilis

未讀,
2008年6月30日 晚上7:02:002008/6/30
收件者:
Under Vista (32 bit), WinDbg 6.9 is unable to create or connect to a process.

When attempting File->Open Executable, the message is "Could not Create
Process" The error code is Win32 error 0n5 'Access is denied'

When attempting File->Attach to A Process, the list of available PIDs is
empty, except for the message "Unable to get Process IDs".

I'm logged in as a local administrator, and I'm launching WinDbg with
Vista's "run as administrator" option. I've also got UAC disabled.

Any ideas ?

Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT]

未讀,
2008年6月30日 晚上8:30:252008/6/30
收件者:
Did you run your debugger from an elevated command prompt ?
If you use a console debugger, does it work ?
If the target process a protected process ?

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

"h.codebilis" <h.cod...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

h.codebilis

未讀,
2008年7月1日 清晨6:32:002008/7/1
收件者:
I did not try either of the first two suggestions yet. I'll look into them
today.

With File->Open Executable, I was targeting a sandbox application I built
with VS2008. It is a vanilla console exe written in native C++. Nothing more
than a stub.

WIth File->Attach to Process I was going to try targeting a running instance
of notepad, but since I can't get the process IDs I cant get off 1st base.

h.codebilis

未讀,
2008年7月1日 中午12:24:092008/7/1
收件者:
I launched an elevated command prompt with Start -> Run -> "cmd", followed by
Ctrl-Shift-Enter (the command prompt title bar confirms the elevated
privileges).

From the prompt, the following works:
NTSD.exe DumpSandbox.exe
It brings runs the exe and brings me to the initial breakpoint.

From the same prompt, the following does not work:
Windbg.exe DumpSandbox.exe

Same error as before, Windbg main window appears, followed by a message box;
"Could not create process. Win32 error 0n5. Access is denied"

Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT]

未讀,
2008年7月1日 下午4:33:052008/7/1
收件者:
Maybe some desktop integrity check kicks-in, and, you can use
only a command-line debugger.
In that case, you can always set-up a remote, and connect to
ntsd with windbg via a localhost connection

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

"h.codebilis" <hcode...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

h.codebilis

未讀,
2008年7月1日 下午5:03:012008/7/1
收件者:
Not sure what you're referring to by a "desktop integrity check". Do you have
any references I can use to do some self education in this area ?

For refrence, I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Gateway laptop. Its my own
personal machine, not some corporate box .... ie. there's no "support"-ware
locking it down.

Madhur

未讀,
2008年7月7日 凌晨1:21:152008/7/7
收件者:
This is most probably due to User Access Control.

If you regularly do debugging on Vista, You can disable UAC through control
panel.

--
Madhur

"h.codebilis" <h.cod...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message