Dialogic Startup problem

chin

Nov 13, 2002, 11:06:27 AM11/13/02
Hi all,

I am having start up problem with the D41ESC telephony card.
Appreciate if you could lend a helping hand.

Sometimes when the system boot up, the Dialogic services starts but
when I execute the Talk32 sample program, the program tends to hang.
If I attempt to restart the Dialogic service, it will fail with the
following error.

The Dialogic service terminated with service-specific error 16383.

Other "companion" errors in the event log are ( I can not find any
log file):

1) StopDrv.exe -Lstopdrv.log returned fatal error--ignoring.
Dialogic System Service stopped

2) StartDrv.exe -LStartDrv.log returned fatal error.
Dialogic System Service stopping

3) StopDrv.exe: ERROR: driver:\\.\Dialogic SRAM PD stop failed with
error 16. There may be a device still open.

4) CMAPI...UNCM_GetValueEx() failed. Family - TDM Bus, Device -
Bus-0, Variable - PciBusNumber, Requested data not found in NCM data
storage

Repeated attempts to reboot and shutdown the machine does not seems
to solve the problem. However, after a certain period of time, the
problem goes away. It does appear again at ramdom. Anyone knows the
reason for this? It is driving my crazy.

I am running on Window 2000 Server with service pack 2.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

regards,
Chin

Ray Cassick (home)

Nov 13, 2002, 9:09:43 PM11/13/02
It sounds to me like you are having a problem that is keeping a Dialogic
resource open. The service can not stop if the card is still open.

What version of the Dialogic (I should really say Intel now) drivers are you
running?

"chin" <chi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

chin

Nov 14, 2002, 8:50:47 PM11/14/02

I am using Dialogic System Software Release SR5.1, Version DNA5,
Build 26, Service Pack None.

regards,
Chin

Chumpmeister

Nov 23, 2002, 5:06:10 PM11/23/02
I'm getting a similar error ... any suggestions?

chin

Dec 4, 2002, 4:51:30 AM12/4/02
sorry for not replying to your question sooner.

The bad news is that I did not solve the problem.
The good news is that once my application was close to completion, the
problem does not seems to appear anymore. I guess it has something to
do with my code.

I was able to recover my machine faster if I stopped the following
services first before rebooting the machine. I have no idea why
dialogic is depending on these services.
a)AnmChannelFactoryServer
b)AnmChannelServer
c)AnmLoggerServer
d)AnmSupplierServer