Re: Error 80004002: Cannot find VCapture:IAmStreamConfig

Sarat Venugopal

May 4, 2004, 1:43:17 PM5/4/04
"WDD" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:481D0D64-8DB7-4115...@microsoft.com...
> Trying to connect to a Capture filter i got the following message:
>
> "Error 80004002: Cannot find VCapture:IAmStreamConfig"
>
> What is the Filter missing, do filters have to expose a standard set of
Interfaces?

Yes. Look at the documentation for IAMStreamConfig interface.

Cheers,
Sarat Venugopal
www.huelix.com

Thore Karlsen [MVP DX]

May 5, 2004, 1:43:36 PM5/5/04
On Wed, 5 May 2004 10:01:12 -0700, WDD
<anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>I'm working with a Hardware Filter, the filter exposes a custom Property set, how would one access it?

Through the IKsPropertySet interface.

>Do hardware filters HAVE to provide this interface as well?

What interface? Please quote what you are replying to, otherwise it's
hard to know the context.

--
Be seeing you.

WDD

May 5, 2004, 2:00:16 PM5/5/04
Do hardware filters HAVE to provide the IAMStreamConfig interface as
well? My Driver is an AVStream driver.

Thore Karlsen [MVP DX]

May 5, 2004, 2:24:08 PM5/5/04
On Wed, 05 May 2004 14:00:16 -0400, WDD <anon...@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Do hardware filters HAVE to provide the IAMStreamConfig interface as
>well? My Driver is an AVStream driver.

AFAIK, no. I think the DS WDM wrapper takes care of that. At least I
don't get any hits when I search for IAMStreamConfig in the BTWinCap
driver source.

--
Be seeing you.

WDD

May 5, 2004, 4:28:51 PM5/5/04
Thore Karlsen [MVP DX] wrote:

I dont think that BTWinCap is an AVStream Driver, I'm using AVStream,
I'll look at it again.

Thanks

Sarat Venugopal

May 5, 2004, 9:44:10 PM5/5/04
"WDD" <anon...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

The error code (0x80004002) says that the filter doesnot support this
interface. Capture filter implementors are required to implement this
interface. You can provide a minimal, do nothing, IAMStreamConfig interface
and take it from there.

HTH,
Sarat Venugopal
www.huelix.com

Thore Karlsen [MVP DX]

May 5, 2004, 10:32:36 PM5/5/04
On Thu, 6 May 2004 09:44:10 +0800, "Sarat Venugopal"
<dev_ng...@huelix.com> wrote:

>> > AFAIK, no. I think the DS WDM wrapper takes care of that. At least I
>> > don't get any hits when I search for IAMStreamConfig in the BTWinCap
>> > driver source.

>> I dont think that BTWinCap is an AVStream Driver, I'm using AVStream,
>> I'll look at it again.

>The error code (0x80004002) says that the filter doesnot support this
>interface. Capture filter implementors are required to implement this
>interface. You can provide a minimal, do nothing, IAMStreamConfig interface
>and take it from there.

He's writing a driver, not a filter.

I don't know if there's anything special about AVStream drivers, but at
least BTWinCap does not implement IAMStreamConfig.

--
Be seeing you.

WDD

May 7, 2004, 10:24:26 AM5/7/04
Thore you're correct, AVStream provides this for a driver.

Problem was with AmCap where they were rying to open the interface using
the PINNAME_VIDEO_CAPTURE GUID for the category, when in the Driver
we're told to set the Pin Category to KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE. Stream Class
drivers set their Category to PINNAME_VIDEO_CAPTURE because they usually
name their Pins & Categories identically.

Thanks

Thore Karlsen [MVP DX]

May 7, 2004, 12:12:15 PM5/7/04
On Fri, 07 May 2004 10:24:26 -0400, WDD <anon...@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thore you're correct, AVStream provides this for a driver.
>
>Problem was with AmCap where they were rying to open the interface using
>the PINNAME_VIDEO_CAPTURE GUID for the category, when in the Driver
>we're told to set the Pin Category to KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE. Stream Class
>drivers set their Category to PINNAME_VIDEO_CAPTURE because they usually
>name their Pins & Categories identically.

Great! Glad you figured it out.

--
Be seeing you.