Failed to set server.company.com as the active sysvol with 2662

saran

Oct 22, 2001, 4:04:00 AM10/22/01
I am getting the following error in gpedit.log file.
GPEDIT(4d8.9e4) 15:40:18:078 CGroupPolicyObject::OpenDSGPO: Failed to set
server.company.com as the active sysvol with 2662

What could be the problem. I am actually dubugging the software installation
problem. I am unable to publish any softwareusing GPO suddenly. It was
working fine. But now I am getting the following error when i create a new
package.

"Add operation failed. Unable to extract deploymentinformation from the
package. Run validation on the package to ensure that the package is
correct."

I am getting this error for all packages, even for Office 2000.

I dont know whether the gpedit.log error is related to deployment problem.

Thanks in advance

saran

Mike Treit

Oct 22, 2001, 12:58:07 PM10/22/01
If you are still able to edit policy with gpedit, I would just ignore that
error.

Your software installation problem is most likely caused by the software
already being installed locally on the machine you are trying to deploy it
from. Try deploying the package from a "clean" machine and see if that fixes
the problem.

-Mike

"saran" <sara...@unicomp.com.sg> wrote in message

saran

Oct 23, 2001, 10:15:57 PM10/23/01
hi

thanks, it works from another clean machine.
saran

"Mike Treit" <mtr...@nwlink.com> wrote in message