NETLOGON & SYSVOL Shares

Asif Razzaq Attari

Feb 23, 2005, 9:41:02 AM2/23/05
The following is information shown in system Log

Event ID 2511 Source Server
The server service was unable to recreate the share NETLOGON because the
directory :\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\ttsystems.com\SCRIPTS no longer exists.

Event ID 2511 Source Server
The server service was unable to recreate the share SYSVOL because the
directory C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol no longer exists.

Interesting thing my computer is not a Domain Controller.
How I recreate it.
--
I like Microsoft Newsgroups, Which provides to help me.

Thanks to
Microsoft

John John

Feb 23, 2005, 11:00:37 AM2/23/05
Usually that happens when you delete shared folders before you delete
the shares. The shares are at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares

Backup the key then delete the shares in question. Or use your
Administrator Computer Management System Tools.

John