VStudio 6.0 Setup: DCOM cannot create user account for Visual Analyzer

Nick Katounas

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99

When installing Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise edition, Setup gives me an
error message saying:

"Setup was unable to create a DCOM user account in order to register
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\VS-
ENT98\Vanalyzer\valec.exe."

When running VB6 I then got an error "Unexpected error!" and cannot
start the
program.

There was another posting on the28/11/1999 about the same problem. I
too tried
registering the rsabase.dll as mentioned in Knowledge Base art.Q196757.
Nothing!

>Kurt Verelst wrote :

>Thanks for the information, but finally it turned out that Norton
>Cleansweep was causing the trouble. Only after completely removing
this
>application, VS6 setup went on without further errors...

The problem here is that I dont even have Norton Cleansweep on my PC.

So. Does anyone have any idea why I am getting this problem? Your help
would be
appreciated.

Regards

Nick Katounas

Nick Katounas

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99

joshua...@my-deja.com

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00
Are you running Windows 2000? I'm running 2000 server final code and
have the same problem.

Also, did you install VB 6 by itself first and then install Visual
Studio afterwards?

I don't know if these are issues, but they are the only things I've
done that might be causing the problem.

In article <3868B5B5...@optusnet.com.au>,

In article <3868B5B5...@optusnet.com.au>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/