Installing VS 2005 SP 1 Internal Error 2755 1612

nojetlag

Apr 17, 2007, 2:15:12 AM4/17/07
I tried to install VS 2005 SP1 via microsoft update, however this
always failed, after that I did try it again by downloading the SP1
from MSFT and installing it that way. Now I get the following Error
Message
Internal Error 2755 1612 - c:\windows\installer\2b00e.msi

Anybody a clue what's going wrong here ?

Greyfox

May 25, 2007, 2:08:00 PM5/25/07
I'm experiencing exactly the same and cannot find any solution to this.
Please help.

z3149441

Jun 20, 2007, 8:32:26 PM6/20/07

How did you go with a fix?

I had the same problem and there is a hot fix that you need to install before installing the SP1. KB925336 is the knowledge base article.

--
Free News Reader
http://put.hk

ianc...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2007, 11:50:15 PM7/2/07
Correct to Address this error for Visual Studio 2005 SP1 please
download and install KB925336. It's available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8EFFE1D9-7224-4586-BE2B-42C9AE5B9071&displaylang=en