Visual Studio 2005 Installation error 1311

sjj11

Sep 27, 2006, 1:56:02 PM9/27/06
I have been trying to install Visual Studio 2005 several times but every time
I received and error: "Error 1311. Source File not found c:\Visual Studio
2005\VB CD1\_15780_RTL_x86_enu_NETCF_V2.0.CAB.

Please help.

Thanks
sjj11

renato

Oct 5, 2006, 4:36:02 PM10/5/06
me too! I get the same error but the file is different:
e:\vs\_9307_RTL_x86_enu_VJ#_EE.cab
--
When I will find all the answers, all the questions shall be changed!

renato

Nov 6, 2006, 9:19:02 AM11/6/06
I found my way!
I downloaded the express edition (free) from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
it's working!

"TwirlyBo" wrote:

> I get exactly this. I am doing a 'reinstall' of VS2005 and keep getting this
> message.
>
> My only idea is to remove VS (and hope the registry keeps all the
> projects..) and re-install.. Without minimal extras hoping this section is
> left out!!

Gingerich@discussions.microsoft.com Rodney Gingerich

Nov 14, 2006, 5:16:02 PM11/14/06
Is this new program that you download and install - does it have the same
capabilities as Visual Studio 2005?

renato

Nov 15, 2006, 8:32:01 AM11/15/06
There are many versions of Visual Studio 2005
The one that I'm interested is the Web Developer.
Browsing Microsoft site I found that they have a VS 2005 express edition
(free).
As long as I'm not interested to purchase the product but I would like to
see whether it can be useful for me, I downloaded and installed that version,
and is working.
But I could not tell you where are the differences!
Anyhow, the problem was: "Installing the product".
Which product?
The my one was a bunch of CDs (free!) they gave me one year ago at a fair.
On the label they stated that the contents were the full version of Visual
Studio (web dev, c++ basic ecetera), in two flavour: several CDs and one DVD.
They were useless!

chaaban@discussions.microsoft.com nadine chaaban

Jan 5, 2007, 3:37:00 AM1/5/07
Dear all

Best Regards

Sang

Jan 30, 2007, 5:17:00 AM1/30/07
I got the same error with Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite 180 Days Trial (vsts)
and _16475_RTL_x86_enu_VS_Tools_for_Office.cab

I downloaded vsts, extracted it to d:\vsts\ (a local folder on my local hard
disk), tried to install it, and got the following error message:

"Error 1311. Source File not found

d:\vsts\vs\_16475_RTL_x86_enu_VS_Tools_for_Office.cab."

even though the file is certainly existed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sang