Using Visio '02 Pro Stencils in '03 Standard

Michael E W

Apr 17, 2007, 9:26:01 AM4/17/07
I installed '03 Standard after using '02 Pro thinking I'd still have access
to the additional stencils that come with Pro. Is there any way to upload the
additional stencils that come with Pro so there are available in '03 Standard?

Thanks in advance

Paddy

Apr 17, 2007, 9:12:47 PM4/17/07

Do you have 2002 Pro still installed? If so, just copy the stencils you
need from there to the default stencil folder for 2003 Standard. If you
have uninstalled 2002, just reinstall it to a different folder to 2003, and
then copy the stencils over, and uninstall 2002 again.

You could probably extract the stencils directly from the 2002 CD cab files,
but reinstall/copy/uninstall is probably easier.

Paddy

Michael E W

Apr 18, 2007, 12:52:38 PM4/18/07
Thanks. I thought there might be another option but your solution worked.

John Marshall, MVP

Apr 18, 2007, 7:51:43 PM4/18/07
One point to note is that the difference between VIsio Standard and Visio
Professional is more than extra templates/stencils. There are also extra
add-ins. So some of the templates may be a bit dumb compared to when they
ran with Visio 2002.

John... Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm