An internal virtual machine error (13) has occurred

Kevin Sheppard

May 19, 2004, 6:15:26 PM5/19/04
I'm getting this error when attempting to install Fedora
Core 2 (at the part where it starts the Xwindows portion
of the install). Search turns up nothing.

Has anyone seen this?

Colin Barnhorst

May 19, 2004, 6:46:58 PM5/19/04
This is a problem within the virtual machine and not the
VPC program. Can you get far enough to verify the
media? Dis you check the .iso against the MD5 file?

>.

Jim Mulvey

May 20, 2004, 12:57:33 AM5/20/04
Yes, I have the same problem. Haven't found any solution yet... but
VMware is close at hand.

anon...@discussions.microsoft.com

May 20, 2004, 1:39:17 AM5/20/04

I can get in check the media and run through the entire
setup (in text mode).

nothing works quite right. even trying to do something as
simple as run top (task monitor) causes a segmentation
fault.

I doubt we'll have much luck in talking microsoft into
fixing their program to make it easier for us to run
virtual linux machines which so we can test it to make
sure it is functionaly enough for us to migrate away from
their bread and butter.

-Matt

Gjeret

May 20, 2004, 8:28:27 AM5/20/04

Ok... This gets even Goofier...

I think (may be completly out in left field) that Fedora
is trying to switch to 24 bit color... because it crashes
when trying to start X... but...

I did try installing in Text mode, and got the Seg Faults
as well...

Gave up, Downloaded the SuSE 9.0 Boot Disk, Using the
same VHD as my Dead Core 2 Text install...Trying to
figure out how to get the FTP Download working and let
the Boot ISO boot to the Hard Drive...

The ISO booted to the Hard Drive. Core 2 Started (In text
mode) but it still started (Got the green Sucess and red
Failed at boot... that didn't happen before)!!!! Ifconfig
didn't give me an IP, but It didn't seg fault either!!!
I could run top etc... (X wasn't installed so I don't
know if that would have worked...

So.. yeah...

Goofy

-Gj-