Error 12003 while FTP GetFile

gag...@my-deja.com

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Hello,

I am trying to write an FTP application in Visual C++ Ver 6.0.

When I run my application, I am able to login. But when I do a GetFile,
I get an error. The error code (obtained by GetLastError) is 12003. I am
able to use other functions like PutFile, GetCurrentDirectory, etc.

I have put the mode for this session as Active.

Here are some commands I used:

CInternetSession* m_pInetSession;
CFtpConnection* m_pFtpConnection;
m_pInetSession = new CInternetSession(NULL, 1,
INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG);
m_pFtpConnection = m_pInetSession->GetFtpConnection(host, id, pwd, port,
FALSE);
m_pFtpConnection->GetFile(filename,filename,TRUE,FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,
FTP_TRANSFER_TYPE_ASCII,1);

I will appreciate any help to get over this problem.

Regards,
Gagan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Guillaume Landru

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
12003: The server returned extended information
When you get this error, call InternetGetLastResponseInfo to get a full
readable error message given by the server.

Cheers,
Guillaume.

gag...@my-deja.com

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Hello, thanks for your input. I tried it. I get the following error.
Please help!

error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol __imp__InternetGetLastResponseInfoA@12

fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I coded the following:

DWORD* lpdwerro;
char erro[4000];
DWORD* leng;
::InternetGetLastResponseInfo(lpdwerro,erro,leng);

Thanks a million for your help

In article <e5s#i6rq$GA....@cppssbbsa02.microsoft.com>,

Guillaume Landru

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00