Olaf Schmidt - Datenhaus/TheCommon Sites Down?

jasonpe...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2012, 1:51:51 PM10/30/12
Sorry to use this group for a personal message, but I know of no other way to contact Olaf Schmidt and I know he posts here.

Olaf, if you happen to read this - thecommon.net and datenhaus.de sites appear to be down (in one case, lapsed domain hosting). Have you given up on vbRichClient4 development, or is this just an oversight?

Here's hoping that you haven't quit!

Schmidt

Oct 30, 2012, 2:25:27 PM10/30/12
Am 30.10.2012 18:51, schrieb jasonpe...@gmail.com:

> Sorry to use this group for a personal message,
> but I know of no other way to contact Olaf Schmidt and I know he posts here.
> Olaf, if you happen to read this - thecommon.net and datenhaus.de sites
> appear to be down (in one case, lapsed domain hosting).

I've left datenhaus a few weeks ago - and the domains
were given up by my former business-partner.

> Have you given up on vbRichClient4 development,
> or is this just an oversight?
> Here's hoping that you haven't quit!

No quitting here... development of the RichClient-tools is
still going on - a new version 5 is already in the final
stage of testing - will post the links to the new domains
and new download-locations soon... (here in this group).

Olaf

jasonpe...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2012, 4:27:05 PM10/30/12
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:25:31 PM UTC-4, Schmidt wrote:
> Am 30.10.2012 18:51, schrieb jasonpe...@gmail.com:
> I've left datenhaus a few weeks ago
> No quitting here... development of the RichClient-tools is
> still going on

That's great news Olaf. At least the bit about not quitting vbRichClient development - the leaving Datenhaus part depends on your feelings on the matter of course ;).

I'm looking forward to trying the new version.

Jason

GS

Oct 30, 2012, 5:53:30 PM10/30/12
After serious thinking Schmidt wrote :
Whew!! Glad you'll still be reachable...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Matt

Nov 20, 2012, 8:38:04 PM11/20/12
On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:25:31 PM UTC-4, Schmidt wrote:
Hi Olaf

Happy to find you back! We had a conversation via email over PB and dhSqLite a few months ago. Lately, I have noticed that your site is suspended and I couldn't find any contact info of yours...until I came across this group.
Glad to hear that your work continues for richclient tools. They are great!
I will be watching this group for your posts about your new website....

Matt

Ulrich Korndoerfer

Nov 22, 2012, 5:52:38 PM11/22/12
Hi Olaf,

I am receiving private mails from dhRichClient users asking me how they
can reach you. Obviously they don't read NG posts.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html

martine...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2012, 2:38:32 PM12/5/12
El martes, 30 de octubre de 2012 15:25:31 UTC-3, Schmidt escribió:
Hello,

I am willing to start programming a small VB6 application with a SQLite db. I would like to use the wrapper in RichClient (and also try the other tools) but I found many links to datenhaus and thecommon.net, all are dead. Do you know from where can I download these tools? Are they still available?

Thanks, Martin

webm...@ediy.co.nz

Dec 6, 2012, 6:00:51 PM12/6/12
Hi Martin,

As the thecommon.net domain name had expired, I've re-registered it for the purpose of providing download links for the .DLLs and associated files.

So please visit http://www.thecommon.net to download the tools. If Olaf starts a new site for his work I will update the site to link to the new domain.

Regards,
Mike

Tony Toews

Dec 7, 2012, 12:19:33 AM12/7/12
On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:00:51 -0800 (PST), webm...@ediy.co.nz wrote:

>Hi Martin,
>
>As the thecommon.net domain name had expired, I've re-registered it for the purpose of providing download links for the .DLLs and associated files.
>
>So please visit http://www.thecommon.net to download the tools. If Olaf starts a new site for his work I will update the site to link to the new domain.
>
>Regards,
>Mike

You could've trimmed about 210 lines on your reply.

Tony

Why yes, I'm grumpy today. Why do you ask?
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

Martin Cabrera

Dec 8, 2012, 10:16:37 PM12/8/12
El jueves, 6 de diciembre de 2012 20:00:51 UTC-3, eDIY Software escribió:

> Hi Martin,
>

> As the thecommon.net domain name had expired, I've re-registered it for the purpose of providing download links for the .DLLs and associated files.
>

> So please visit http://www.thecommon.net to download the tools. If Olaf starts a new site for his work I will update the site to link to the new domain.
>

> Regards,
>
> Mike

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that!

Regards, Martin

ralf.sc...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2013, 3:52:01 AM1/5/13
Hallo Olaf

wie bist Du jetzt privat erreichbar? Meine eMail- Adresse hast Du sicher noch.
Mein Neujahrsmail hat Dich diesmal nicht erreicht.

Gruss, Ralf

ja...@bitspaces.com

Jan 17, 2013, 11:26:29 PM1/17/13
Sorry to hijack this group again, but unfortunately I still don't know of another way to reach Olaf Schmidt.

Olaf, if you read this, is there any way to contact you via e-mail? I have a question about a problem I am having with dhRichClient3 on Linux/Wine that I suspect only you may be able to answer!

Schmidt

Jan 18, 2013, 3:03:30 PM1/18/13
Am 07.12.2012 00:00, schrieb webm...@ediy.co.nz:

> As the thecommon.net domain name had expired, I've re-registered it for
> the purpose of providing download links for the .DLLs and associated files.

> So please visit http://www.thecommon.net to download the tools.
> If Olaf starts a new site for his work I will update the site to link to the
> new domain.

Thank you very much, for "catching" the Domain and providing the
download-links to the RichClient-stuff... - I've tried only for
two weeks or so, to catch it myself with the '1und1-Domain-Tool',
but was not lucky (always got "domain not yet available"-messages)...
apperently I tried not "long enough".

Will inform you, when vbRichClient.com is in shape, to "take over".

Olaf

Schmidt

Jan 18, 2013, 3:07:37 PM1/18/13
Die E-Mail-Adresse im Header dieses Postings ist reply-f�hig.
(n...@vbRichClient.com).

F�r "private Mails" einfach 'os' anstelle von 'ng' davorsetzen.

Olaf

Schmidt

Jan 18, 2013, 3:10:24 PM1/18/13
Am 18.01.2013 05:26, schrieb ja...@bitspaces.com:

> Olaf, if you read this, is there any way to contact you via e-mail?

The E-Mail-Address in the Header of this post is reply-capable.
(n...@vbRichClient.com).

For "private Mails" just replace 'ng' with 'os'.

Olaf