Run time error 713 Application-Defined or Object Defined Error

Karl Lundmark

Jul 3, 2001, 1:26:54 PM7/3/01
Hi...

I have a VB App that is using a Data Environment. - Runs fine on my machine
(I am using Windows 2000 SP2 w/MDAC 2.5 SP2) but when I use the package and
deployment wizard to create a setup package - when I install it on another
machine with the same configuration (Windows 2000 sp 2 and MDAC 2.5 sp2)
I get the following error:

Application-Defined or Object-Defined Error Runtime Error 713

Thru a little debugging and monitoring through an error.log - I have found
that the error occurs when the program gets to the following line:

set iDB = new dataenvironment1

It seems to run fine on machines that already have VB but chokes on machines
that do not...I am pretty new to the Data Environment concept (I usually
just use connection and recordset objects directly in the code) so I don't
know if there is something special that needs to be done during the package
and deployment setup process...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Karl

Karl Lundmark

Jul 3, 2001, 1:55:35 PM7/3/01
Hello Once again...

Well after a little poking around on the Knowledgebase...I determined that
the problem was due to the fact that the Package and Depolyment was not
including the Data Environment Runtime DLL in the package...The article was
talking about the Report Environment so I figured it must screw up the Data
Envirnment too - sure enough!!

One of those "rare" bugs in VB ;-)

"Karl Lundmark" <klun...@thibault.com> wrote in message