Microsoft Paradox Driver error

Jason Collum

Dec 27, 2001, 1:59:12 PM12/27/01
I am getting the following error message when trying to access Paradox
tables:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

[Microsoft][ODBC Paradox Driver] Unexpected error from external database
driver (11270).

Can anyone advise on where or what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

Douglas Laudenschlager [MS]

Dec 28, 2001, 2:44:35 PM12/28/01

Jason,

I see that a handful of other customers have called Microsoft Support in
recent years about this error message, and that these issues have been very
difficult to troubleshoot and have sometimes gone unresolved.

The best I can recommend to you is:

1. Install the latest version of the Jet components from Q239114, "ACC2000:
Updated Version of Microsoft Jet 4.0 Available in Download Center
(Q239114)", at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q239114.

2. Try deleting the following files, if found:
pdoxusrs.net,pdoxusrs.lck,paradox.lck.

3. Test when you're sure that no other applications are using the same
Paradox database files.

Error 11270 means:

11270 : $2C06 : Directory is controlled by other .NET file.

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15283,00.html .

See also http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15212,00.html :

"The message "Multiple Paradox net file found" (Error 0x2C06
or 11270: DBIERR_NETMULTIPLE) indicates that these rules have
not been followed. "

-Doug

http://www.microsoft.com/security.