Runtime error 3028

Lee Whitney

Feb 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/6/99
I get this error:

Run-time error 3028
Can't start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or
opened exclusively by another user.

I am trying to open an Access database that is password protected.

Here is the line of code that gives me the problem:

Set ws = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace("dbTemp", "Admin", "toot98")

I have verified that the system.mdw file is in the windows\system directory
and if I remove the password protection from Access and use the default
username and password in my Createworkspace statement everything works fine.

Can anyone show me how to log into a password protected Access database
using the CreateWorkspace method?

Thanks
Raymond Whitney
ray...@voicenet.com