error: File not found:'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1'

ted cowsert

May 4, 2009, 3:49:37 AM5/4/09
I'm doing a project in Windows XP with VB6 using the webbrowser control. The
"Microsoft Internet Controls" in "References" sets ok, but when I try to set
"Microsoft Internet Controls" in "Components" I get the error message:

File not found:'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1'

ieframe.dll, ieframe.dll.mui and ieframe.oca are all present in the system32
folder.

Does anybody have an idea what's wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

Ted

Bissenden@discussions.microsoft.com Matt Bissenden

May 16, 2009, 8:13:01 AM5/16/09

"ted cowsert" wrote:

This can be fixed but you'll need to edit the registry..

Open your start menu > Selecr 'Run'
Type regedit, then hit enter

The registry editor will open.

On the top menu bar, click Edit, then Find and search for ieframe.dll
Look the for the result that's data is C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1

Right-click it, modify and delete the \1 off the end. Close the registry
editor and you're done - It'll work

Rayka

Jun 4, 2009, 10:07:01 PM6/4/09
Thanks you sooo much Matt! This worked just perfect.

Slayer

Aug 10, 2009, 1:03:02 AM8/10/09

Thanks you very very much

Rafał

Jan 17, 2010, 4:53:01 AM1/17/10

"ted cowsert" wrote:

> thank you. Dziękuję bardzo za pomoc.
I had that's problem.
I couldn't load VB6 project.
After this change I is better.
information of registry
key :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32
new value C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll
old value C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1

help:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vb.6.webdevelopment&tid=adcc2013-0d69-41e3-935b-7d1febd8645c&cat=en_US

_d26ad70d-392e-486f-9544-17efd0edb376&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1

Rafał Witowski from Poland

Nitin

Mar 15, 2010, 3:11:01 PM3/15/10
BINGO ! Was stuck with this problem on our build environment once we upgraded
our build machine. Doing this solved the problem in an instant.

Thank you so much !
Nitin

Sangeetha R

Apr 14, 2010, 4:00:23 AM4/14/10
On Mar 15, 3:11 pm, Nitin <Ni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> BINGO ! Was stuck with this problem on our build environment once we upgraded
> our build machine. Doing this solved the problem in an instant.
>
> Thank you so much !
> Nitin
>

> "Rafał" wrote:
>
> > "ted cowsert" wrote:
>
> > > I'm doing a project in Windows XP with VB6 using the webbrowser control. The
> > > "Microsoft Internet Controls" in "References" sets ok, but when I try to set
> > > "Microsoft Internet Controls" in "Components" I get the error message:
>
> > > File not found:'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1'
>
> > > ieframe.dll, ieframe.dll.mui and ieframe.oca are all present in the system32
> > > folder.
>
> > > Does anybody have an idea what's wrong?  Any help is much appreciated.
>
> > > Ted
>
> > > thank you. Dziękuję bardzo za pomoc.
> > I had that's problem.
> > I couldn't load VB6 project.
> > After this change I is better.
> > information of registry
> > key :
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C0­5BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32

> > new value C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll
> > old value  C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1
>
> > help:
> >http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg...
>
> > _d26ad70d-392e-486f-9544-17efd0edb376&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1
>
> > Rafał Witowski from Poland- Hide quoted text -

Thank you so much. It helped me to solve the problem.

MRBH

Apr 30, 2010, 11:13:01 AM4/30/10
Great, but this keep coming up once in a while and then have to do this fix
again.

What is causing this ? Any way to prevent it from coming back?

"Sangeetha R" wrote:

> .

akashj...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2012, 2:48:37 PM6/23/12
It really works
Thanks

choub...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2013, 5:29:17 AM1/8/13
Absolutely correct and it worked for me.
Thanks buddy

imat...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2013, 9:07:10 PM3/15/13
On Monday, May 4, 2009 3:49:37 AM UTC-4, ted cowsert wrote:
> I'm doing a project in Windows XP with VB6 using the webbrowser control. The "Microsoft Internet Controls" in "References" sets ok, but when I try to set "Microsoft Internet Controls" in "Components" I get the error message:File not found:'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1'ieframe.dll, ieframe.dll.mui and ieframe.oca are all present in the system32 folder.Does anybody have an idea what's wrong? Any help is much appreciated.Ted

It doesnt work

Jan 1, 2016, 11:32:04 AM1/1/16
Worked perfectly. Thanks!