Error Running Script: replsys.sql during installation SP4 on SQL 2000

Martin Thole

Jan 24, 2006, 8:03:03 AM1/24/06
When I try to install SP4 on a W2003-Server with SQL 2000 Developer (both
German version),
I get the error message with "replsys.sql".

I tried alread the following hints
- stop many services
- create C:\TMP and C:\TEMP directory for TMP and TEMP
- change the account from domain admin to local servcice for the "sqlserv"
service

but i still get the error on "replsys.sql"

I noticed:

1. in the event log :
"Event ID 19011" with "Description: ConnectionListen (Shared-Memory (LPC)):
Error 0 "

2. in sqlsp.log
18:11:10
:\PUBLIC\Download\MICROS~1\SQLSER~1\SQL200~1.SP4\x86\BINN\osql.exe -Slpc:NET-SERVER
-b -n -d master -o "I:\Programme\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\install\replsys.out" -i "I:\Programme\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\install\replsys.sql" -E
18:11:14 Process Exit Code: (1)
18:11:21 Fehler beim Ausführen eines Skripts: replsys.sql (1) (english:
error on script ....)

I think the connection failed because the update installation stops the
"sqlserv" service ?
Any idea ?

Martin Thole

Jasper Smith

Jan 24, 2006, 9:47:56 AM1/24/06
You should have a file called replsys.out (in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\Install fro a default instance) which should contain the output
of any errors encountered running the script. Do you have SQL Litespeed
installed?

--
HTH,
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

"Martin Thole" <m...@o-b-s.de> wrote in message

Martin Thole

Jan 24, 2006, 10:14:03 AM1/24/06

> You should have a file called replsys.out (in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> SQL Server\MSSQL\Install fro a default instance)
> which should contain the output of any errors encountered running the
> script.

File replsys.out:
-----
[DBNETLIB]Allgemeiner Netzwerkfehler. Weitere Informationen finden Sie
in der Dokumentation ueber Netzwerke.
[DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (WrapperRead()).
------
in English: "General network error"

> Do you have SQL Litespeed installed?

No !

Martin

ALI@discussions.microsoft.com shabahat ALI

Feb 20, 2006, 4:58:30 PM2/20/06
supI experienced the same error while installing sp4

i found aworkaround by editing the following registry key

hkeylocalmachine\software\microsoft\mssqlserver\mssqlerver\supersocketnetlib\
here u would find one key called lpc
i deleted it and my install went fine.

Note:
Its a risk do it at ur wond responsibility
pls export the registry entry before deleting it
if u get erorr deleting this key; right click and see if ur logged in
account has the permission to do it

Kevin3NF

Feb 20, 2006, 11:00:02 PM2/20/06
Deleteing the registry key for shared memory is not likely to be a good
thing.

Granting full permissions to it for the SQL Server startup account is more
likely to be a decent resolution

--
Kevin Hill
3NF Consulting