Fields cannot be used in query parameter expressions

GiJeet

Jan 22, 2010, 4:29:24 PM1/22/10
Hello, using SQL Reporting Services 2008. I trying to allow users to
enter parameters to filter a report so I'm using stored
procedures....common right. But I want a parent/child relationship
between 2 datasets. The first ds pulls records based on the visible
parameters entered by the user. The 2nd ds needs to use a key field
in the first ds to populate a hidden parameter linked to the 2nd ds
but I keep getting and error: "Fields cannot be used in query
parameter expressions"

How to use 2 stored procs that create datasets and link them using PK/
FK relationship? I tried every which way but keep getting that
error. There must be a way!!!

Thanks in advance.

Bruce L-C [MVP]

Jan 22, 2010, 5:04:55 PM1/22/10
What you need to do is to use sub reports. You cannot link two datasets
together they way you are trying.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services