needing help to connect to server

Tom Teer

Aug 9, 2004, 2:50:09 PM8/9/04
I am new working with JDBC. I am having problems with
having the drivers reconized. I have gotten the 3 .jar
files. Here is what I do any detailed info would help.

I have taken the code off the site
us;313100#4
and added the user and pass that I need.

I compile it javac xxx.java

I have tried to specify where the drivers are I have moved
then in the dir where the xxx.java files are and I still
get this error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown
Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass
(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown
Source)
at Connect.getConnection(Connect.java:29)
at Connect.displayDbProperties(Connect.java:47)
at Connect.main(Connect.java:83)
Error Trace in getConnection() :
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Any help that you can give me is great. Take in mind that
I am new at this and will need a little more detail
responce.

Thanks Tom

yuvalz

Aug 9, 2004, 5:09:02 PM8/9/04

"Tom Teer" wrote:

Tom,

It appears that you are still unable to load the drivers for SQL Server.
If the driver's JAR files are inside the same directory as your application,
make sure that you have . (dot) as one of the arguments in your system's
classpath.
Alternatively, add the JAR files to your system's CLASSPATH. That would make
them available to any Java application system-wide.
Be sure to add them to the classpath in the form
%location%/msutils.jar;%location/mssqlserver.jar - that is with the full file
name.

Hope this helps,

Yuval

yuvalz

Aug 9, 2004, 5:09:05 PM8/9/04

Sue Purkis

Aug 13, 2004, 12:53:22 PM8/13/04
Tom,
You could also try running your application as:

java -cp .;.\msbase.jar;.\msutil.jar;.\mssqlserver.jar xxx

Sue Purkis
DataDirect Technologies