Can not connect to localhost

Leo Gaggl

Dec 18, 2001, 1:49:53 AM12/18/01
I am just trying to test the JDBC driver and can successfully connect to
remote SQL Servers.

For development purposes I would like to work with a SQL Server 2000
Personal Edition on my local machine.

I have the following error (exactly same code works on remote servers):

D:\Java\projects\test>java mssql_test
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login
failed for user 'test'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
connection.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown
Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown
Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown
Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
at mssql_test.main(mssql_test.java:21)

Could that be because I am using SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition ?

Thanks in advance,

Leo Gaggl
Adelaide, South Australia