Connection.prepareStatement() problem

Bob

Dec 3, 2001, 4:17:16 PM12/3/01
Hello,

When I make a call to Connection.prepareStatement(<string>) I get the
following exception:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Can't start a
cloned connection while in manual transaction mode.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getImplConnection(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.getImplConnection(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.getImplStatement(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.preProcessSQL(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)

This doesn't seem to happen with other JDBC drivers so I suspect some
limitiation, but I'm not sure what it may be. This is the 2nd prepared
statement call made in made code (this first appears to succeed).
Suggestions?

Thank you,

Bob

David Harbige

Dec 5, 2001, 8:03:57 AM12/5/01
You need to alter your URL to set the SelectMethod parameter to 'cursor'.

Check the driver documentation "SQL Server 2000 JDBC User's Guide and
Reference" page 24.

Regards,

David Harbige

"Bob" <bo...@mailcode.com> wrote in message