Problem connecting to SqlServer 2005

David Thielen

Sep 11, 2006, 7:36:56 PM9/11/06
I can connect to SqlServer 2000 fine but 2005 I get this problem:

Error: net.windward.datasource.DataSourceException: JdbcDataSource
could not ope
jdbc:sqlserver://T1-Databases;databaseName=AdventureWorks;integratedSecurity=t
rue;
net.windward.datasource.DataSourceException:
net.windward.datasource.DataSourceE
xception: JdbcDataSource could not open
jdbc:sqlserver://T1-Databases;databaseNa
me=AdventureWorks;integratedSecurity=true;
at
net.windward.datasource.jdbc.JdbcDataSource.<init>(JdbcDataSource.jav
a:1030)
at net.windward.xmlreport.RunReport.main(RunReport.java:165)
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Invalid
integratedSe
curity property value:true
at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(U
nknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Sour
ce)
at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at
net.windward.datasource.jdbc.JdbcDataSource.<init>(JdbcDataSource.jav
a:1024)
... 1 more
Exception in thread "main"
net.windward.datasource.DataSourceException: net.wind
ward.datasource.DataSourceException: JdbcDataSource could not open
[...]

any ideas?

thanks - dave

david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

Evan T. Basalik (MSFT)

Sep 12, 2006, 2:17:43 PM9/12/06
The integratedSecurity flag only works in the 1.1 release of the SQL Server 2005 driver. Which version are you using?

Evan
--------------------

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

David Thielen

Sep 15, 2006, 1:57:16 AM9/15/06
Hi;

How do I tell? The manifest file in the jar file has no version info.
The file is dated 1-17-02 and is 231,949 in size. It does handle SSPI
ok for SqlServer 2000.

Also, how can I get more information when it throws an exception like
this? The exception below gives almost no information as to the
problem.

thanks - dave

Mohammed - MSFT@discussions.microsoft.com Jaaved Mohammed - MSFT

Sep 15, 2006, 6:34:02 PM9/15/06
Hi David,

Can you place the following code snippet in your application code (or a
standalone java file) and tell us the JDBC Driver version given in the output:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sqlserver://" + server,
user, pword);
DatabaseMetaData dbmd = conn.getMetaData();
System.out.println("Driver Version: " + dbmd.getDriverVersion());
System.out.println("Server Version: " + dbmd.getDatabaseProductVersion());

If driver version starts with 1.1 then the integrated security feature
should work. If the version starts with 1.1 and you get the same exception,
then can you post a Java Logging trace output generated from running your
code. For help with enable tracing of the JDBC Driver, following the
instructions at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378517.aspx.

Regards,
Jaaved Mohammed