java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/merant/jdbcspy/SpyLogger

Nadav

Apr 30, 2002, 4:54:31 AM4/30/02
I try to run a DataSource connection and I get the following error:

com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource@1fbe93

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/merant/jdbcspy/SpyLogger

at com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BaseDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at infdbconnection.INFDBConnection.getConnection(INFDBConnection.java:61)

at infdbconnection.INFDBConnection.main(INFDBConnection.java:197)

Exception in thread "main"

The code that I run is:

com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource ds =
(com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource)Class.forName(driver).new
Instance();

ds.setServerName("Nadav-g");
ds.setDatabaseName("Spark_Test");
ds.setPortNumber(1433);
ds.setSelectMethod("cursor");
Connection connection = (Connection)ds.getConnection("sa","");

Please someone help...

Dan Tran

Apr 30, 2002, 1:50:54 PM4/30/02
Are you using Beta1?

Beta2 fixed this problem

"Nadav" <nad...@orbotech.com> wrote in message

nadav Gelman

May 1, 2002, 2:47:38 AM5/1/02
I am using Beta2.

Dan Tran

May 3, 2002, 7:50:27 PM5/3/02
goto datadirect , download the trial version, extract and place spy.jar into
msjdbc beta2 directory.

I works for me in beta1.

-Dan

"nadav Gelman" <nad...@orbotech.com> wrote in message

nadav Gelman

May 6, 2002, 3:16:58 AM5/6/02

Thanks, I have already did it, but, is it leagal to sell my product with
this library without paying royalties?

Sridhar Paladugu[MS]

May 7, 2002, 1:50:26 PM5/7/02

Did you test with our latest Release driver?

Sridhar Paladugu
Microsoft Developer Support
JDBC Webdata

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order
your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>.

nadav Gelman

May 8, 2002, 2:40:37 AM5/8/02

I'm using the following release:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC
Version 2.2 Patch 1
December 2001

Is it the latest one?

Sridhar Paladugu[MS]

May 8, 2002, 8:47:07 AM5/8/02

The version should be Microsoft® SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Version
2.2.0019. April 2002.
Check microsoft download center for the latest driver.

Thanks,