unknow exception from jdbc driver

1 view

x@discussions.microsoft.com richard x

Oct 29, 2004, 1:28:02 AM10/29/04
I get a exception from jdbc. but the exception give nothing for error cause.
Can anybody tell me why?

2004-10-28 21:45:19,754 ERROR [Thread-10] server.Test (Test.java:111) -
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRPCRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.getRow(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplResultSet.positionCursor(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseResultSet.next(Unknown Source)
at test.server.Test.getCallingData(Test.java:98)
at test.server.Test.processUpdateAndStopRawData(Test.java:144)
at test.server.Test.processTask(Test.java:88)
at test.server.Test.run(Test.java:139)

Joe Weinstein

Oct 29, 2004, 12:24:41 PM10/29/04

richard x wrote:

> I get a exception from jdbc. but the exception give nothing for error cause.
> Can anybody tell me why?

Not immediately... I would check the DBMS error log. Something went
bad in the DBMS. If you catch this exception, is the connection still
OK, or is it dead? (I'll guess the latter).
Joe Weinstein at BEA

richard x

Nov 1, 2004, 7:46:02 PM11/1/04
the connection is still excellent. when i use the old statement to run query
"again", there is nothing error. surprising things. i think it's bug of
sqlserver or jdbc driver.

BTW, where can get the error log of dbms.

thank you.

Joe Weinstein

Nov 1, 2004, 8:06:31 PM11/1/04

richard x wrote:

> the connection is still excellent. when i use the old statement to run query
> "again", there is nothing error. surprising things. i think it's bug of
> sqlserver or jdbc driver.

It has to be a hiccup from the DBMS because the driver is reporting
a problem from the DBMS. Your test.java should print out the full
message. sqlstate and sqlcode of the SQLException you get.

> BTW, where can get the error log of dbms.

dunno. My knowledge of sqlserver is very old. Someone in the sqlserver news group
can tell you... However, if the connection is still OK, there won't be anything there...
Joe