Unhandled token type: Unknown token: 0x27 ?

wyou

May 9, 2003, 9:42:56 AM5/9/03
Hi.
My application uses JDBC driver from microsoft to get a
connection to MSDE 2000. And I got this wierd exception in
this morning.

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Unhandled token type: Unknown token: 0x27
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyTok
en(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processRep
lyToken(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection
(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open
(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect
(Unknown Source)

Could you tell me what that means?
It is really urgent...

Thank you. all.

Carb Simien [MSFT]

May 12, 2003, 9:19:18 PM5/12/03
Hello,

This looks like a bug in the driver. Are you running JDBC SP1? I would
first ask that you install JDBC SP1 and retest to see if the problem
reproduces. If so, then you should probably open a case with Product
Support Services (PSS) and have us look into the matter further. This
would be free of charge since it is most likely bug.

If this is not a possibility, please post your Java code and the table
structures that it uses, and I'll try to reproduce it here on my machine.

Carb Simien, MCSE MCDBA
Visual C/C++/C# Web Data
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

--------------------
| From: "wyou" <wy...@1stag.com>
| Sender: "wyou" <wy...@1stag.com>
| Subject: Unhandled token type: Unknown token: 0x27 ?
| Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 06:42:56 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver

wyou

May 28, 2003, 11:10:08 AM5/28/03
I tried to open a case in PSS. And I could not figure out
how to open a case there. So, I am going to give you some
more detailed discription.

I query to MSDE 2000 using JDBC Driver with SP1.
It is ok normally except that it has this error message
from time to time.
And, my application has several different environment.
this error occurred only with the environment where my
app and my coworker's app talks to same MSDE database.
His app is .Net application and he is using ODBC .Net
Data Provider. As you know, my java application uses JDBC
Driver.

Here is my program to get the connection.

try
{
System.out.println("Start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
Connection conn = null;
Properties props = new Properties();
String driver
= "com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver";
String url
= "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;SelectMethod=
cursor;DatabaseName=1stAgAdapter";
props.put("user", "sa");
props.put("password", "");

Driver myDriver = (Driver) Class.forName
(driver).newInstance();
System.out.println("Just Before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
conn = myDriver.connect(url, props);
System.out.println("About to Query !!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
ResultSet rs = conn.createStatement().executeQuery
("select * from agx_event");
while(rs.next())
{
System.out.println(rs.getInt("agx_event_id"));
}
System.out.println("Done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
}
catch(Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();