"This Operation is not supported" on sqlserver

yair friedman

Jan 9, 2008, 3:45:47 AM1/9/08
hi ,

i am getting the following error , it happens just in sqlserver, not in
oracle .
i replaces the driver from JTDS to the regular microsoft driver ,
but still i see this error .

DEBUG NewPooledConnection : A Throwable occurred while trying to reset the
typeMap property of our Connection to Collections.EMPTY_MAP!
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This operation is not
supported.
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.
makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.
NotImplemented(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.setTypeMap(Unknown
Source)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.reset(NewPooledConnection.
java:290)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.
markClosedProxyConnection(NewPooledConnection.java:247)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyConnection.close(NewProxyConnection.
java:1148)
at org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider.
closeConnection(C3P0ConnectionProvider.java:42)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.closeConnection(ConnectionManager.
java:445)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.
aggressiveRelease(ConnectionManager.java:400)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.
afterTransaction(ConnectionManager.java:287)

i saw that in the following link they refer to this issue as a non-issue .

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?
p=2248886&highlight=&sid=818161f20bb6ca2db515f8de6af86aeb

still, i would like to remove this from the log ....
if it is indeed not an error ....

Please advise ,
Thanks ,
Yair

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1148-1.aspx

joe.we...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2008, 11:01:24 AM1/9/08
On Jan 9, 12:45 am, "yair friedman"<yair.fried...@mtsintnospam.com>
wrote:

Functionally in your context, it's a non-issue. The JDBC connection
is being returned to the pool, and it's being reset to a standard
condition so it's ready for the next user. One of the calls being
made to reset the connection is that setTypeMap() call, and the
driver is throwing that exception because the driver doesn't support
that call (It *should* be smart enough to accept such a call if it
intends to set an existing/default condition). The pool is catching
and ignoring the exception, but the SQLException will still be logged.
Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems

yair friedman

Jan 14, 2008, 2:18:42 AM1/14/08
ok, but i HAVE to remove the error from the log , since
it is thrown from an operation that happens in a loop , on idle , and it
causing the log file to explode in it's size .
i want some way to remove this error from the log, if it can't be fixed .

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1148409.aspx

joe.we...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2008, 10:46:33 AM1/14/08
On Jan 13, 11:18 pm, "yair friedman"<yair.fried...@mtsintnospam.com>
wrote:

In that case, you will need to get Microsoft's official attention.
They
should be able to improve the behavior in this case to not throw an
exception.

Yesim Koman

Jan 22, 2008, 4:10:37 PM1/22/08
Hi Yair,

Which version of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver are you using? If
you use v1.2 you should be able to call the setTypeMap method with empty
map without getting any errors. Note that trying to set the type map to a
non-empty or null map will still throw a SQLException.

Thanks!
Yesim [ MSFT]

yair friedman

Feb 3, 2008, 4:56:05 AM2/3/08
hi yesim ,
i am using v1.2 .
all this settypemap code in internally, ididn't changed there nothing , just
using the hibernate ordinary....
please help ASAP , it is exploding my log....

thanks,
Yair

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/1148409.aspx

יאיר

Feb 14, 2008, 8:30:00 AM2/14/08

"Yesim Koman" wrote:

hi yesim ,
i am using v1.2 .

all this setTypeMap code in internally, i didn't changed there nothing , just
using the hibernate ordinary....
the same code works fine on oracle .
note that i have tried to use JTDS driver and it didn't solve the problem .
please help ASAP , it is exploding my log and it is becoming a huge issue!
we can not deliver the product in this state to the client ...

thanks,
Yair

Evan T. Basalik (MSFT)

Feb 26, 2008, 4:40:16 PM2/26/08
If this a serious issue, please contact our Support organization and open up a suppport incident.

Evan

>From: =?Utf-8?B?15nXkNeZ16g=?= <@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: "This Operation is not supported" on sqlserver
>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 05:30:00 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver

Evan T. Basalik
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.