Error establishing socket

Neeraj Vora

Jul 24, 2003, 1:04:34 AM7/24/03
Hello,

I have been using the JDBC Driver from Microsoft since
about Apr 2002 when it was released. It has been working
just fine from my J2EE Web Application and I have not
upgraded to SP1. Suddenly this afternoon I saw a few
random occurences of the following exception. This sounds
very fundamental and various occurences don't seem to
indicate anything the application could be doing to
trigger this.

Any clues would be highly appreciated!! TIA..

Wed Jul 23 14:41:26 PDT 2003
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Error establishing socket.
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open
(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection
(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open
(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect
(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection
(DriverManager.java:512)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection