MS JDBC sp3 problem : Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Jan Ahlbeck

Jul 22, 2004, 6:19:02 AM7/22/04

Have testet the new JDBC sp3 from MS, and is now getting the following
errors, which I have not seen with older versions (sp1 + sp2).

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Connection
reset by peer: socket write error
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRPCRequest.submitRequest(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSCursorRequest.openCursor(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.commonExecute(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeQueryInternal(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)

Have you seen this problem too ?? What could it bee ??

Thanks
Jan Ahlbeck

Sue Purkis

Jul 28, 2004, 10:46:35 AM7/28/04
Jan,
We cannot determine from the trace what is causing this problem.
Can you include the code that is causing the problem and more of a
description of what you are trying to do and the issues you are
having?

Thanks.
Sue Purkis
DataDirect Technologies

Seifert@discussions.microsoft.com Doug Seifert

Oct 8, 2004, 4:43:03 PM10/8/04
We also get this exception, but only when the database server is on another
subnet from the machine making the connection. We have a web application on
a server in a DMZ that connects to SQL Server 2003 which is behind the
firewall. In our test environment, running against the same server machine,
the client is in the same subnet as the server and we never experience this
problem.