Error establishing socket

Sue

May 15, 2002, 8:54:22 AM5/15/02
I have an applet which I am trying to use the latest
SQL server 2000 JDBC driver, but it cannot connect, giving
the following error. However I can connect to my chosen
machine using a different driver with no problem. Any
ideas ?
My url
is "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hostName:1433;databaseName=m
ydb;selectMode=cursor"

See com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code:
BASE+66

com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: [Microsoft]
[SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

at com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.a
(Unknown Source)

at
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.throwException
(Unknown Source)

at
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException.SQLException
(Unknown Source)

at
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown
Source)

at
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.getJdbcConnection
(Unknown Source)

at comet.EquipmentItemsDataEntry.jbInit
(EquipmentItemsDataEntry.java:127)

at comet.EquipmentItemsDataEntry.init
(EquipmentItemsDataEntry.java:81)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:344)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Chained exception:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver
for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException
(Unknown Source)

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
(Unknown Source)

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException
(Unknown Source)

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSConnection.<init>
(Unknown Source)

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open
(Unknown Source)

at
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.getNewImplConnection
(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseConnection.open
(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseDriver.connect
(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection
(DriverManager.java:517)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection
(DriverManager.java:177)

at
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.openConnection(Unknown
Source)

at
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.getJdbcConnection
(Unknown Source)

at comet.EquipmentItemsDataEntry.jbInit
(EquipmentItemsDataEntry.java:127)

at comet.EquipmentItemsDataEntry.init
(EquipmentItemsDataEntry.java:81)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:344)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Sue

May 15, 2002, 9:24:42 AM5/15/02
Sorry, I found the problem, there was a carriage return
in my URL !!
OOps !!
Sue

hans-peter müller

May 17, 2002, 4:39:49 AM5/17/02

I got this error when trying to connect to a 2000 SQL Server.

Any hint?

hpm

Sridhar Paladugu[MS]

May 20, 2002, 11:20:22 AM5/20/02

The error might be caused by the connection parameters. Some/one of the
parameter might be not correct. Otherwise the port is not accepting
connections.

Thanks,

Sridhar Paladugu
Microsoft Developer Support
JDBC Webdata

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order
your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>.