No more data available to read.

moe

Dec 13, 2004, 4:09:01 PM12/13/04
Hi everyone,

I am gettting this error intermittently, does anyone know why?

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]No more
data available to read.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.getReturnedValue(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.getColumnDataForRow(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.getRow(Unknown Source)
at
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplResultSet.positionCursor(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseResultSet.next(Unknown Source)
at HtmlTable.getHtmlTable(HtmlTable.java:620)
at SectionObject.getPublishedSectionHTML(SectionObject.java:738)

The line "HtmlTable.java:620" above is the usual "while(resultSet.next()) {"
and should not throw any exception at all.

thanks.

Joe Weinstein

Dec 13, 2004, 5:35:08 PM12/13/04

Hi. I suspect some non-thread-safety in the application code, such as some
other thread re-executing the statement that delivered the result set before
this thread is finished reading it's result set.
Joe Weinstein at BEA