What does this mean? xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

Pablo More

Aug 20, 2003, 10:19:28 AM8/20/03
Greetings, can someone please tell me what does this error
mean?

xpsql.cpp: Error 997 from GetProxyAccount on line 472

I tried searching the knowledgebase but found nothing.

Thank you,

Pablo

Sue Hoegemeier

Aug 20, 2003, 10:48:44 AM8/20/03
It generally indicates that either the SQL Agent account is
not a local admin account so it can't access the information
on the proxy account or you haven't set up a proxy account.

You can execute the following to get the proxy account:
exec master.dbo.xp_sqlagent_proxy_account N'GET'
If it doesn't return anything, you need to create the proxy
account.
You can set the proxy account with:
exec master.dbo.xp_sqlagent_proxy_account N'SET',
N'DomainName', N'UserName', N'Password'

-Sue

Pablo More

Aug 20, 2003, 11:56:41 AM8/20/03