Crystal Print Engine: 723 – Failed to open a rowset

Oscar

Apr 23, 2008, 1:34:00 AM4/23/08
Dear all,
I have problem with Solomon 6.5, if I create a new report from Crystal
Report 10 for Solomon and add customize from Report control maintenance and
create new template on ROI.EXE, but if I click Print preview turn up an
error :

Crystal Reports Helper Application For Solomon IV

Cannot Start Print job.

Report : S:\Solomon 6.5\Usr_Rpts\Report1.rpt

Crystal Print Engine: 723 – Error in File S:\Solomon
6.5\Usr_Rpts\Report1.rpt : Failed to open a rowset.

I hope you have solution for this problem, please help me…….

Regard,

Oscar

Mark.Ju...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2008, 9:50:31 AM4/23/08
There can be any number of causes for the 723 error. The error
basically says that when SL and Crystal try to execute the SELECT
statement to get the data for the report, SQL returned some sort of
Syntax error. The best way to see what is going on is to run a SQL
Profiler trace of the process. (KB 925033 shows how to run a trace).
One of the last lines in the trace should be the select statement that
crystal is running. Copy and paste this into SQL Server Management
studio and try to execute it. You will probably get an error, but it
will be much more descriptive then the 723.

Usually it's one of the following:
1 - You need to run Set Datasource Location on all the tables in your
report in Crystal so they are all pointing at the same database
2 - There is a pre-process on the report control maintenance record
that is interfering with your report
3 - You need to press the "Reset" button on the "Show SQL Query"
window box in Crystal
4 - If it doesn't happen on ALL workstations, then you may need to
delete the ODBC connections and let them re-create

-Mark

Chew@discussions.microsoft.com Edward Chew

Jun 25, 2008, 8:28:02 PM6/25/08
I have similar problem which running Solomon 5.5

Crystal Reports Helper Application For Solomon

Report: \\server\usr_rpts\40680.RPT
Crystal Print Engine Error: 545 - Error in File \\server\usr_rpts\40680.RPT
Request cancelled by the user.

When I click the "OK" botton for this error message and it will
automatically print out the report. This error only happened once in a week
and not all workstation.

Please help..

Thanks
Edward