Crystal reports printer error 513

Nathan HSC

Sep 30, 2008, 3:47:01 PM9/30/08
All of a sudden on a workstation I started recieving this error when printing
in GL. I have no clue how to fix this, I use the same pronter on other
workstations.

Darin Madsen [MSFT]

Oct 3, 2008, 11:34:20 AM10/3/08
Hi Nathan,

You might want to check your Windows Default printer to make certain that
there are no issues. You might also delete and recreate your printer in
case the printer corrupted.
The 513 error message usually occurs when Dynamics SL cannot find the
printer. If the printer appears to be fine, then try logging out of
Dynamics SL, delete the Windows\Solomon.ini file, log back into Dynamics SL
and test printing.

Hope this helps.

Darin Madsen
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuIEhTQw==?= <nat...@hammersleystone.com>
Subject: Crystal reports printer error 513
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:47:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.solomon

Abby

Oct 6, 2008, 2:55:02 PM10/6/08
I have the same problem, except we are using citrix to access Solomon. After
upgrading to version, it seems like Solomon does not remember the printer
even though I saw the printer setting in Solomon.ini file is correct. All the
other apps can print just fine. I don't recall we have this problem before
the upgrade, not sure if anything changed in version 7. Still struggling.

Darin Madsen [MSFT]

Oct 8, 2008, 7:03:35 PM10/8/08
I haven't heard that Dynamics SL 7.0 upgrade causing a 513. Which version
did you upgrade from?
Did the Citrix profile contain a Solomon.ini?

Does setting the "No Printer" option work in this case?

Darin

Darin Madsen
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

--------------------

thread-index: Ackn5Qnmg5z9SIInT1CglKUw50ffIA==
From: =?Utf-8?B?QWJieQ==?= <Ab...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: Crystal reports printer error 513
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:55:02 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.solomon

Darin Madsen [MSFT]

Oct 13, 2008, 2:48:27 PM10/13/08
Did you get this working? Did you need additional help?

Darin

Darin Madsen
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

--------------------

thread-index: AckjNU6Jp/LeJ9oaQrS0WHHJt2gYIQ==
From: =?Utf-8?B?TmF0aGFuIEhTQw==?= <nat...@hammersleystone.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:47:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.solomon

All of a sudden on a workstation I started recieving this error when

Darin Madsen [MSFT]

From: =?Utf-8?B?QWJieQ==?= <Ab...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:55:02 -0700

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.solomon

dan...@djwinc.com

Apr 18, 2018, 8:19:30 PM4/18/18
Darin was right in my case! My printer got corrupted so I deleted and reinstalled the printer. Works great now.
Thank you!