Re: Internal err, can't load or call external DLL when uninstalling so

Rohtash Kapoor

Feb 21, 2008, 11:18:11 AM2/21/08
Try after copying the file from any of the workstation in production
environemnt.

Rohtash Kapoor
http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com

"liz" <l...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying to uninstall solomon 5.5 from our test server and I get the
> following error: Unable to locate the installation log file
> C:\windows\solomon55.isu and have since delete this file and copy it from
> my
> production system, tried the uninstall again
> and got the following error: Internal error, unable to load or call
> external DLL. I have not found any thing on the kb to correct this error.
> would appreciate any help you can give me in order to successfully
> uninstall
> solomon 5.5 from this server.
>
> Many Thanks!
> ~liz~

liz

Feb 21, 2008, 12:24:00 PM2/21/08
Yes, I did that as well - copied the file from my workstation but i still get
unable to load or call DLL.

Thanks.

Christine Flora

Feb 21, 2008, 3:43:01 PM2/21/08
"liz" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to uninstall solomon 5.5 from our test server and I get the
> following error: Unable to locate the installation log file
> C:\windows\solomon55.isu and have since delete this file and copy it from my
> production system, tried the uninstall again

Liz,

What is the version of Server and database you are installing? I'm asking
because R5.5 is a pretty old version of SL and might not work and is probably
not supported if this is a relatively newer server. The current version is
R7.0.

Regards,
Christine Flora, CAPM, MCT

Rohtash Kapoor

Feb 21, 2008, 10:14:23 PM2/21/08
Send me an email. I will send you solomon55.isu file.

Remove "_nospam" from the email address.

Rohtash Kapoor
http://www.MicrosoftDynamicsForums.com

"liz" <l...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

liz

Mar 3, 2008, 4:18:00 PM3/3/08
Sorry, I've been busy with month end, but decided to take another route. Iam
installing solomon on a different server(time is not on my side) and since
the test server has other applications on it i will remove it at a later
date. Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.