Failure to download KB944338

1 view

Bill-P

Apr 9, 2008, 9:56:00 AM4/9/08
I have downloaded and installed all the 4/8/08 security updates except this
one. I get a failure during download, and there is an error code 0x8007F0F4
given. I am unable to find any help when searching Microsoft data bases. I
did see a comment with this error code that suggested installing the Windows
Update Agent. I have done this, but it did not help.

Bill-P

John--T

Apr 9, 2008, 12:59:00 PM4/9/08

Bill-P

Apr 10, 2008, 10:49:58 AM4/10/08
I have found a stand alone version of the KB944338 patch. When I run
it, I get a message stating that the version of Internet Explorer does
not match the patch I am trying to install. I have IE7 with all the
patches applied, including the April 08 patches.
What a screwup! But then it is Microsoft!

Bill-P

Bill-P

Apr 11, 2008, 10:59:45 AM4/11/08
It looks like Microsoft has pulled the KB944338 security patch!

Bill-P

subu

Apr 12, 2008, 11:19:00 PM4/12/08
is there a way to download without using microsoft update

l@discussions.microsoft.com vic l

Apr 17, 2008, 10:16:02 AM4/17/08

one more guy who can't download without a failure n i got ms security pkg

AndyPunit

Apr 18, 2008, 9:11:01 AM4/18/08
I'm having the same problem on my Athlon PC but I have just noticed the
follwing heading on a download file "Security Update for Windows Server 2003
for Itanium-based Systems (KB944338)". It leaves me woundering if they have
the same number for two patches and it depends on which one the system picks
up wheter it installs correctly or not. It certainly explains the error
menetions where it say's it isn't right version of IE.

Hope they get it sorted out soon as I hate getting error messages.
--

Have fun,

Andy

karanguni

Apr 19, 2008, 3:02:01 PM4/19/08

Tickler

May 1, 2008, 5:25:02 PM5/1/08
I could not download KB944338 either for at least two months (looking at my
update history, it's been failing for a while). I came across a post
(http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?p=3669798) and discovered I could
download it directly here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

I downloaded it, and ran update again. MSUpdate shows that I do not need
this update anymore telling me that I must have been successful downloading
it. I have XPPro SP2.

dragondude

May 1, 2008, 8:40:01 PM5/1/08
I just tried your link and was told that the page does not exist... hmmm

bear man@discussions.microsoft.com big bear man

May 2, 2008, 8:21:00 PM5/2/08
I just tries and was actually spanish language microsoft update page but
still failed to install, crap

Tickler

May 4, 2008, 1:46:52 AM5/4/08
Now that I look at my post, it looks like the link got truncated. Let me try
again:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81

If that doesn't work, try going back to the forum post I linked to and go
down a few posts to the link I just pasted above.

I hope that works this time. Best. :)

h@discussions.microsoft.com james h

May 6, 2008, 8:04:03 AM5/6/08

james h