Office 2007 silent install - exit code 30066

Jay Scovill

Dec 5, 2007, 11:55:54 AM12/5/07
I'm trying to create a silent deployment of Office 2007.

I've edited the config.xml for changes outlined in
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/e16af71c-fed4-40da-a886-
95e596c3999e1033.mspx?mfr=true.

I've created an MSP file with the Customization Tool.

I've created a new package and program using the following commandline:
setup.exe /adminfile file.msp /config config.xml

I've created a manadatory advertisement to a collection that will only
install Office when a user is NOT logged on.

The deployment fails with the following:

The program for advertisement "TOR20025" failed ("TOR00005" - "Office 2007
Enterprise"). A failure exit code of 30066 was returned. User context: NT
AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines
status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any
installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the
program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code
of 30066 is considered a failure. Solution: For more information on the
exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.

The Application log also shows no evidence of the installation beginning,
either.

If I run the above command-line from the Run dialogue it executes and
installs Office properly with no interaction.

Matthew Hudson

Dec 6, 2007, 9:58:00 AM12/6/07
Are you dowloading and installing or trying to do this from the DP?
--
http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com/

Jay Scovill

Dec 7, 2007, 1:59:00 PM12/7/07
Actually as it turns out a 30066 exit code is the result of the target
machine not meeting the requirements for the Office install.

In this case it was a lack of disk space. As soon as I ensured there was
enough disk space for the install it was fine.

I forgot about the extra space needed for the installation source.

Thanks