Cannot establish a security context with the client

Guillaume LÉCROART

Jul 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/4/97

"Cannot establish a security context with the client" appears in a message
box while I'm trying to start a remote control session with SMS 1.2.
We're using SMS 1.2 over a LAN-WAN architecture, and are used to get this
message once, and then to be prompted for credentials while beginning a
remote control session with our foreing offices. After that identification,
it works proerly, but not here.
In this case it happens on a specific client, logged on on the same domain
as I and the primsite server are.
This problem does not occurs with any other nt 3.51 workstation nor
servers.
When prompted for credentials, I idendify as administrator on the domain,
and it does not work either.
Thanks to anyone thas has encountered this problem and could help us

--
Guillaume LÉCROART
Eurosport

Gary Toft

Jul 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/6/97

Guillaume

I have had this problem occur when attempting to remote control an NT
client. I suggest you look at the following:

1. Remove the NT client from the domain and delete the machine account (in
server manager)
2. Synchronise the domain
3. Create a new machine account for the client
4. At the client, join the domain again
5. Ensure the appropriate accounts are given the right to execute remote
control on the client. Check this in the site properties at
Site/Clients/Option/Allow access for these users
6. Run upgrade.bat from the client to ensure the latest remote control
parameters are configured.

This situation basically occurs because the NT client is unable to
establish a proper secure communication path with the server. This is
rectified by "recreating" the connection through the client leaving the
domain and rejoining.

Hope this helps
--
Regards

Gary Toft
MCSE
to...@msn.com

ka...@dcmc.creditlyonnais.fr

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

If you have recently upgraded to SP2 the WUSER32.EXE doesn't work
properly and should be replaced by the older one. I reported the bug to
Microsoft France.I had the same problem while remote troubleshooting
english NT version with from a frensh SMS and vice versa, apparently they
don't encrypte the password the same way and you get this message. To
work about the problem try to have the same regional settings on all
clients, I have changed all my client to the frensh version.I dont think
the above apply to your problem but it may give you some hints.Patrick
KARAM...@dcmc.creditlyonnais.frIn article
<01bc88bd$da899f20$68a0c80a@eu0016>, "Guillaume LÉCROART"
<glec...@eurosport.co.uk> wrote:> > "Cannot establish a security