Simple Form Web Part Viewstate?

magganpice...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2008, 4:53:16 AM1/25/08
Hello

I'm using a simple form web part as a search box (input field and "go"
button). Then, I have a data view web part, that filters on the search
string from the form.

The problem: I want two of these search/dataview pairs on the page.
And I don't want the results of the first search to stay displayed
when I search from the second search box. (sounds complicated?)

So basically: any searchtext in the search field 1 should vanish when
sending off the second search form.

I'm using SharePoint Designer and tried <EnableViewState>False</
EnableViewState> but that did not work...

(WSS 3.0/MOSS 2007)

Any help appreciated,
Magganpice

Mike Walsh

Jan 25, 2008, 8:36:33 AM1/25/08
For questions involving SPD 2007 (which dataview web part questions
clearly are and anyway you later state SPD) post to
.design_and_customization

It's a newsgoup for all SharePoint products and versions too - unlike
this one.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
no private e-mail questions please