Cannot open the Rich Text Editor

Thomas Olsson

Mar 6, 2007, 2:35:32 PM3/6/07

Has anyone solved the "Cannot Open Rich Text Editor" then using IE7 in
Vista accessing a SPS2003?

I've seen suggestions to re-reg Triedit in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit. One thing thou...I don't have any files
in that folder :-o???

Anyone? I really need to solve this.

Thanx
Thomas Olsson

Thomas Olsson

Mar 7, 2007, 12:56:26 PM3/7/07
*bump*

Mike Walsh

Mar 8, 2007, 12:56:28 AM3/8/07
Less than a day is far too early for a bump.

If you want a guaranteed response in less than a day, sign up and use MSDN
managed newsgroups.

If you want even faster support have your credit card ready and call
Microsoft PSS (Product Support Services).

Give the volunteers here several days to respond before bumping and even
then consider adding more information or re-phrasing. Not everybody reads
the newsgroups on a daily basis.

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ: www.wssv3faq.com / wss.collutions.com
No private questions please (additions to FAQ welcome)

"Thomas Olsson" <thomas...@xlent.se> wrote in message

miran

Mar 13, 2007, 9:05:59 AM3/13/07
Where are the problem solvers?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Harold

Mar 24, 2007, 7:25:47 AM3/24/07
When using Sharepoint 2003, the RTF editor can not be used when running on Internet Explorer 7. This behaves both on Windows XP and Windows Vista. So it is due to IE7.

Garry

Mar 27, 2007, 9:01:11 AM3/27/07
My Sharepoint 2003 Rich text editor works fine in IE7 but not Vista so I would say it's more of a Vista issue.

Sheyne

May 2, 2007, 11:33:16 AM5/2/07
I too am having this exact same problem (Can't open Rich text Editor) -
everything worked fine in XP, office 2007 and IE7 but not after upgrading to
Vista. I wish someone in Microsoft would say "It will never work - there is
no solution" and then I would stop wasting hours trying to fix it.

Mike Walsh

May 3, 2007, 1:12:50 AM5/3/07
Unfortunately it isn't so simple.

I have Vista running (even 64-bit Vista which provides its own challenges)
along with Office 2007 and IE7, and Rich Text Editor works fine when
accessing the two WSS FAQ sites (still WSS 2.0 and SPS 2003 based
respectively).

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ http://www.wssfaq.com
No private e-mail please.

"Sheyne" <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Sheyne

May 3, 2007, 3:06:00 AM5/3/07
Thanks Mike, but that is depressing. I wonder what is different about your
setup. I gave tried a Vista machine that has never had any Office 2003 on it
but used to be XP, and a completely new installation of Vista. The problem
exists on every Vista machine we use.

Mike Walsh

May 3, 2007, 10:00:39 AM5/3/07
Mine is a new installation of Vista Ultimate (XPro is actually on C: and
Vista on D: and the system is dual boot but the two are completely separate
and it was a new installation). I have never had Office 2003 on it only
Office 2007 which I have the default installation for the version of that
that includes Groove; InfoPath and OneNote. I don't have SPD 2007 on this
machine (or FP 2003 or indeed any other Office 2003 products; nor do I have
Visio 2007).

I doubt though if that helps so I'm just going to check I have RTF ...

Yes, no doubt about it both colours and text sizes; bolds etc. and that was
tested with the WSS part of an SPS 2003 installation.

Mike Walsh

"Sheyne" <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Michelle Sauer

Oct 11, 2010, 8:27:40 PM10/11/10
I am having the same problem with IE 8, any idea?