Error parsing Request: The request subject name is invalid or too long. 0x80094001 (-2146877439)

Joe

Feb 27, 2007, 4:01:19 AM2/27/07
I have an offline Enterprise CA based on Windows Server 2003 Standard. I am
trying to sign a certificate request generated from a Windows Server 2003
Enterprise R2 CA. When I choose submit new request on the offline CA, I get
this error.

I have no idea what the error means. Some guesses though :-) :

- There is something wrong with the format of the name. I would have hoped
the R2 online issuing CA would have told me what is wrong with the name
- The name is too long maybe? Again, I dont really know how long the name
can be, but I dont think the names I have chosen are ridiculously long.

Am I missing the boat on this one?

I am using Brian Komar's excellent reference as a guidepost, and dont see
anything in there that can help me with this one.

I did find one other thread via google, but it seemed to be related to cross
certification, and I am not doing anything like that.

Any help greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

Joe

Nick Domukhovsky

Feb 28, 2007, 2:38:33 AM2/28/07
Joe пишет:
I think, that there is no name in the request. You can try to submit
this request via web interface (there you can write some additional
properties of request).

--
With best regards
Nickolay Domukhovsky, MCSA

gorrionber

Mar 5, 2010, 5:39:20 AM3/5/10
Hi man:

If someone gets that error when is using firefox o other browser to request the certificate. It will be solved using Microsoft Explorer to request it.

Regards

Joe wrote:

Error parsing Request: The request subject name is invalid or too long. 0x80094001 (-2146877439)
27-Feb-07

Any help greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

Joe

On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:01 AM
Joe wrote:

Error parsing Request: The request subject name is invalid or too long. 0x80094001 (-2146877439)

Any help greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

Joe

On Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:38 AM
Nick Domukhovsky wrote:

Re: Error parsing Request: The request subject name is invalid or too long. 0x80094001 (-2146877439)
Joe =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
I am=20
03=20
I get=20
oped=20

ame=20

ee=20
cross=20

I think, that there is no name in the request. You can try to submit
this request via web interface (there you can write some additional
properties of request).

--=20

With best regards
Nickolay Domukhovsky, MCSA

Measuring SharePoint Page Rendering
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c0a9ac9e-53cd-442f-8981-9d5f236c2be5/measuring-sharepoint-page.aspx

gorrionber

Mar 5, 2010, 5:45:29 AM3/5/10
I forget, to use firefox o other browser different to explorer you can do
Enabling Netscape Browser Enrollment in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc740063%28WS.10%29.aspx

Regards

Gorrion Ber wrote:

Solution
05-Mar-10

Hi man:

If someone gets that error when is using firefox o other browser to request the certificate. It will be solved using Microsoft Explorer to request it.

Regards

What's New for Developers in SharePoint 2010 Object Model?
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/84e8403e-a25c-49b7-a0d8-3e2773fa29b5/whats-new-for-developers.aspx

ric...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2012, 4:56:14 AM11/1/12