Win32.TrojanPWS.Mapper

village idiot

Jan 29, 2009, 3:40:04 PM1/29/09
Vista 64
IE 7

I just ran ad-aware, and Win32.TrojanPWS.Mapper has showed up AGAIN. The
TAI rating for this is 10. It is located in
C:\BigFishGamesCache\Hidden Expedition - Titanic\kbqqcs.exe

Before I remove it, I would like to know if I should remove/uninstall the
Big Fish Game, Hidden Expedition - Titanic.

Also, are there any other files associated with it that I should remove.

I removed this once before, on Jan. 2nd, using ad-aware and this is the
first time it has showed up again. I have not played the game since then,
but have played and installed other big fish games. Also, I did not
originally download Hidden Expedition Titanic from the big fish site. But. I
did buy the full version from big fish and I am guessing that they just
"updated" the first install.....??????????

Help asap, please.

Much thanks to all of you wonderful microsoft people.

village idiot

village idiot

Jan 29, 2009, 3:45:00 PM1/29/09
I forgot...... of course.

If I close my laptop, can a virus keep doing its thing? I'm trusting my gut
feeling that nothing goes on with the laptop closed.... fingers crossed.

Also, if my laptop is closed, but not turned off, can virus scans, and tune
ups still run... with it closed.

Oh boy, I know this is a stupid question for you guys, but I cannot find an
answer for this anywhere.

Thanks.

1PW

Jan 29, 2009, 4:13:39 PM1/29/09
On 01/29/2009 12:40 PM, village idiot sent:

Hello VI:

From: <http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>, download, install,
*update* and run the free version of MBAM.

Similarly, follow-up with free edition version of SAS from:

<http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html>

When completed, post a follow-up as to how things went.

Pete
--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

David H. Lipman

Jan 29, 2009, 4:25:44 PM1/29/09
From: "village idiot" <villag...@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I forgot...... of course.

| If I close my laptop, can a virus keep doing its thing? I'm trusting my gut
| feeling that nothing goes on with the laptop closed.... fingers crossed.

| Also, if my laptop is closed, but not turned off, can virus scans, and tune
| ups still run... with it closed.

| Oh boy, I know this is a stupid question for you guys, but I cannot find an
| answer for this anywhere.

| Thanks.

When a notebook is closed it sleeps or hibernates. In either case the OS is NOT running
it is suspended and thus NOTHING runs, malware or anti malware scans.

As for...

C:\BigFishGamesCache\Hidden Expedition - Titanic\kbqqcs.exe

Please submit a sample of "kbqqcs.exe" to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition Virus
Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

You can also submit a suspect, one at a time, via the following email URL...
mailto:sc...@virustotal.com?subject=SCAN

When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

--
Dave

village idiot

Jan 29, 2009, 8:56:03 PM1/29/09
Hi David.........

Can you please tell me exactly what I should type into the Virus Total box?

To make sure that I am on the right page.... it has analysis underlined
with blue, and the box "upload a file" is open, with browse next to the box.
'The first time, I typed in the whole location
"c:\BigFishGamesCache\Hidden Expedition - Titanic\vkbqqcs.exe" without the
quotes

The response was immediate, on a blank page - 0 bytes size received

Next, I typed in "vkbqqcs.exe" (again without the quotes)
It showed that it was scanning. It 'scanned' for 12 minutes before I
finally closed the window.

Please advise.
Thanks

FromTheRafters

Jan 29, 2009, 9:33:55 PM1/29/09
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/help/335c6a5d-0304-4af1-b135-6bf6c124dc111033.mspx

Explains sleep, hibernation, hybrid-sleep, off...

"village idiot" <villag...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

---Fitz---

Jan 30, 2009, 2:13:44 AM1/30/09
"village idiot" <villag...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

VI

You don't need to type anything in the box. Click on the "Browse" button
and your folder tree will open. Use the folder tree to navigate to where
this file is and then click on the file. The path will then appear in the
box and you won't have to type anything. just click to upload the file.

MELISSA KUBISZEWSKI

Oct 13, 2011, 10:45:31 PM10/13/11
I NEED TO HAVE THE BIG FISH GAMES CACHE BACK INTO MY SYSTEM. I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT AND ALL I GET IS THIS SCREEN WITH NOTHING ON IT. WHAT IS WRONG? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

David H. Lipman

Oct 13, 2011, 10:48:58 PM10/13/11
From: "MELISSA KUBISZEWSKI" <melissaku...@yahoo.com>

> I NEED TO HAVE THE BIG FISH GAMES CACHE BACK INTO MY SYSTEM. I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT AND
> ALL
> I GET IS THIS SCREEN WITH NOTHING ON IT. WHAT IS WRONG? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
>
>> On Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:40 PM villageidio wrote:

Why are you shouting ?
{ Posting in all caps in Usenet is akin to shouting }

Why are you responsing to a thread that is more than 2.5 years old ?

Is there actually malware in relation to your problem ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp