MBSA Errors: CmdExec Role

ArtekAU

Aug 23, 2009, 9:41:01 PM8/23/09
Good morning,

MBSA reports an error on one of my SQL instances. I have tried to find out
what the error means, but haven't had any luck with it. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Instance MSSQL10.DEV4
Administrative Vulnerabilities

CmdExec role Error reading registry. If you are scanning a remote
computer the Remote Registry service on that computer should be enabled. (13)

This is a local scan of a SQL2008 development box.

thanks in advance

M.

ArtekAU

Aug 24, 2009, 7:19:01 PM8/24/09
Anyone? Someone had to come across this previously?

Thanks!

M.

Doug Neal [MSFT]

Sep 8, 2009, 4:10:36 PM9/8/09
You should be able to click the result details link to view local HTML
guidance on what check was run and what is needed to mitigate the issue.
For SQL Server 2008, this may also be a bug that SQL 2005 checks are
erroneously reporting since MBSA hasn't been updated to support SQL Server
2008 vulnerability assessment (VA) checks.

Doug Neal [MSFT]
du...@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.

"ArtekAU" <Art...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

ArtekAU

Sep 8, 2009, 6:07:44 PM9/8/09
There is no links to what was scanned or how to fix it. The SQL in this case
is 2005.

Thats the starnge thing, I can not get any information on this at all.

Thanks for the reply though.

M.