Batch file Hope

Sam

Oct 12, 2011, 9:17:46 AM10/12/11
I have this batch below that combines file with a header in each
file. This combines the files and removes the header. What I need is
to combine the files but take the header row from one of the files and
put it in the file that has all the files combined.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

DEL FileList_Combined_ELI.csv
DEL Combined_ELI.csv
dir *.csv/b > filelist
for %%a in (*.csv) do more +1 %%a > CombinedELI
Rename "CombinedELI" "Combined_ELI.csv"
Rename "filelist" "FileList_Combined_ELI.csv"

Tom Lavedas

Oct 12, 2011, 11:50:38 AM10/12/11
The microsoft.public.scripting.wsh group is not the right place for
this question. First, microsoft has 'adandoned' it and second, it is
intended for questions related to Windows Script Host (WSH). Batch is
not WSH. Therefore, I have redirected my response into
alt.msdos.batch.nt, which is a more appropriate place for this
discussion.

However, to answer your question, maybe something like this will
serve ...

DEL FileList_Combined_ELI.csv 2> nul
DEL Combined_ELI.csv 2> nul
dir *.csv/b > filelist
set /p First= < filelist
copy %First% CombinedELI > nul
for %%a in (*.csv) do if /i not %%a==%First% more +1 %%a >>
CombinedELI
Rename "CombinedELI" "Combined_ELI.csv"
Rename "filelist" "FileList_Combined_ELI.csv"

It copies the first file in the list in total (including its header)
to the combined destination and then adds all the rest, minus their
first lines.
Tom Lavedas