wscript.exe Entry Point Not Found

Kyle

Oct 15, 2001, 3:06:52 PM10/15/01
Seen a few related threads, but can't find anything more recent than
April (and they seemed to be related to people using WSH 5.6 beta).

I have one user running Windows 2000 Server (sp 2) and IE 6.0.2600
(not a beta) - error right away

set wshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

with the error "The procedure entry point DoOpenPipeStream could not
be located in the dynamic link library ScrRun.dll".

The script runs fine on a second machine with matching specs.

Any known issue regarding this error? This is really not a good time
to have this arise...

Kyle

Michael Harris (MVP)

Oct 15, 2001, 4:10:39 PM10/15/01
Google Usenet Advanced Search

search for all the words: DoOpenPipeStream
newsgroup: microsoft.public.scripting.*

The bottom line is that you installed the wrong platform version of WSH 5.6...

Installing the Win98/ME/NT version on Win2000 doesn't fail at install time, but does fail at run time...

--

Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

kyle

Oct 15, 2001, 4:33:42 PM10/15/01
Sorry Michael - I DO check, and I'd already looked at all
these...

I guess I just didn't feel they explained how a tester who
doesn't even know what WSH is could have ended up with a
wrong version. Is it possible he could have run an
incorrect IE 6 setup - I wouldn't have thought that would
install correctly?

If the problem is between the keyboard and the monitor I
am happy enough to leave this alone ;)

Kyle