How to run a vbs script in winpe enviroment

Moncherinux

May 25, 2007, 9:59:00 AM5/25/07

I need to execute a vb script into winpe shell.

i tried with:
wscript.exe myscript.vbs

and I got the error:

there i no script engin for file .vbs

Thanks in advance and regards

Andrea

Alex Ignatenko

May 25, 2007, 9:40:40 PM5/25/07
what about
cscript myscript.vbs ?

I created WinPE with BDD and it works this way.

-Alex

"Moncherinux" <Monch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 25, 2007, 9:51:36 PM5/25/07
Moncherinux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to execute a vb script into winpe shell.
>
> i tried with:
> wscript.exe myscript.vbs
>
> and I got the error:
>
> there i no script engin for file .vbs

That error typically means that vbscript.dll isn't properly registered.

Try > regsvr23 vbscript.dll

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Michael Harris (MVP)

May 25, 2007, 10:21:34 PM5/25/07
Michael Harris (MVP) wrote:
> Moncherinux wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to execute a vb script into winpe shell.
>>
>> i tried with:
>> wscript.exe myscript.vbs
>>
>> and I got the error:
>>
>> there i no script engin for file .vbs
>
> That error typically means that vbscript.dll isn't properly
> registered.
> Try > regsvr23 vbscript.dll

that would be

Try > regsvr32 vbscript.dll

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

asdf

May 26, 2007, 2:12:48 AM5/26/07
"winpe" = Windows Preinstallation environment

He is likely having problems with creating the setup package,
naming the root subfolder correctly, not windows asking for a
partition during an unattend session, deleting "All Users" etc.,
and with drives having data on it. And so on.

"Michael Harris (MVP)" <mikhar.at.mvps.dot.org> wrote in message

Th.A.C

Jun 12, 2007, 5:54:33 PM6/12/07
Moncherinux a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I need to execute a vb script into winpe shell.
>
> i tried with:
> wscript.exe myscript.vbs
>
> and I got the error:
>
> there i no script engin for file .vbs

Sorry, but 'RTFM' ;-) (in windows pe user guide - WINPE.CHM)

WSH packages must be added manually using the 'peimg' command

have a look at:
Customizing Windows PE
===> Windows PE Walkthroughs
======> Walkthrough: Create a Custom Windows PE Image