VBScript in IE11 in Windows 7?

Dr J R Stockton

Mar 3, 2014, 8:16:02 AM3/3/14
I have a note that a VBScript DatePart error can be seen in Windows 7 -
I do not now know whether that was *my* Windows 7 or someone else's.

Currently, my Windows 7 has IE 11, and does not run VBScript.

The code can be tested at
<http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/vb-date2.htm#DP> - just under the heading
"ISO Week Number Using DatePart" there should be a yellow box on the
right. I expect its first line to say "Testing your VBScript if any :".

If there is no more in the box, VBScript is not operating.

Otherwise it should show results for two future dates.

In my IE 8, those results are "False"; the error is still present.

If those results are not "False", the error is corrected; a copy of the
box and a note of the IE version would be appreciated.

Has VBScript been removed from IE 11? Do I need to install or enable it
somehow? Comment?

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. For Mail, see Home Page. Turnpike, WinXP.
Web <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQ-type topics, acronyms, and links.

Evertjan.

Mar 3, 2014, 7:31:44 PM3/3/14
Dr J R Stockton <repl...@merlyn.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote on 03 mrt 2014
in microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:

> Currently, my Windows 7 has IE 11, and does not run VBScript.

Ugly, but you could try:

<script type='text/vbs'>
document.write 3*3
</script>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Mayayana

Mar 4, 2014, 5:04:28 PM3/4/14
I got curious and checked this out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/bg182625%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

There's no VBS in "edge mode" in the Internet Zone.
Edge mode seems to be just a confusing term for using
an HTML5 DOCTYPE. (As opposed to standards mode.)
There seems to be no reason for the change other
than an attempt to wean people off of VBS for Web.

You didn't mention why you need it. I always code
pages for IE in "quirks mode" anyway. That way all
versions of IE give me the same dependable rendering.
You can get quirks mode by simply leaving out the
DOCTYPE tag.

------------------------

"Dr J R Stockton" <repl...@merlyn.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

Dr J R Stockton

Mar 11, 2014, 4:55:36 PM3/11/14
In microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript message <lf5ili$33d$1@dont-
email.me>, Tue, 4 Mar 2014 17:04:28, Mayayana <maya...@invalid.nospam>
posted:

> You didn't mention why you need it. I always code
>pages for IE in "quirks mode" anyway. That way all
>versions of IE give me the same dependable rendering.
>You can get quirks mode by simply leaving out the
>DOCTYPE tag.

Pages <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/vb-?????.htm> are a disinterested
means of presenting a few VBScript algorithms and at least one bug to an
uninterested public.

AIUI, the same DLL is used for IE, Excel, Word, and other MS products,
and the page is expected to be mainly, if at all, of interest to those
who use VBScript in non-Web material, including HTAs.

The DatePart bug demonstrated in the cited page certainly exists in
other MS products.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. E-mail, see Home Page. Turnpike v6.05.
Website <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Evertjan.

Mar 11, 2014, 8:09:56 PM3/11/14
Dr J R Stockton <repl...@merlyn.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote on 11 mrt 2014
in microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:

> a disinterested means

I more often than not hate it when my means get disinterested.

Should I try to live beond my means?