VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

Jayna

Jun 13, 2002, 10:34:46 AM6/13/02
Hello,

I am getting the following error and I can't find the explanation of it on MSDN. If you have some idea as to what the error means, please advise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0411'

Name redefined: 'ForAppending'

/Filevbs.inc, line 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the file referenced above is an include file, I have not modified anything in it or the ASP page which calls that file. The ASP page creates a FSO then writes some data to it, reads it, and displays it over the page. It has been working fine, but since yesterday I have been getting the above error. The only change we made is moved the whole site directory to a different server, which I don't think should cause any problems as we have done that before with successful results. If you could be of any help, please advise.

Thanks Much,
Jayna

Adam Machanic

Jun 13, 2002, 10:39:06 AM6/13/02
You're attempting to dimension a variable name that's previously been dimensioned in whatever level of scope you're working with.

For example:

<%
Dim a
Dim a
%>

Or:

<%
Function myFunc()
  Dim a
  Dim a
End Function
%>

Torgeir Bakken

Jun 13, 2002, 11:36:44 AM6/13/02
Adam Machanic wrote:

> You're attempting to dimension a variable name that's previously been
> dimensioned in whatever level of scope you're working with. For example: <%Dim
> aDim a%>

Alternativly, this will also give the same error:

Const ForAppending = 8
Const ForAppending = 8

- or -

Const ForAppending = 8
Dim ForAppending

- or -

For i = 0 to 1
Const ForAppending = 8
Next

--
torgeir

George Hester

Jun 14, 2002, 6:21:03 AM6/14/02
Put this in your includes folder as filevbs.inc on the website and include it
(as virtual directory) in your ASP:

<%
'----------------------------------------------
'
' FileSystemObject constants include file for VBScript
'
'----------------------------------------------------->
'---- iomode Values ----
Const ForAppending = 8
Const ForReading = 1
Const ForWriting = 2

'---- format Values ----
Const TristateFalse = 0
Const TristateMixed = -2
Const TristateTrue = -1
Const TristateUseDefault = -2
%>

--
George Hester
_________________________________

"Jayna" <jayna...@usrecordings.com> wrote in message

Michael Harris (MVP)

Jun 14, 2002, 11:41:02 AM6/14/02
George Hester wrote:
:: Put this in your includes folder as filevbs.inc on the website and

:: include it (as virtual directory) in your ASP:
::

??? The OP is already declaring ForAppending at least twice. How does adding a 3rd declaration solve the problem?

The error is 'name redefined', not 'name undefined'...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting