General network error encountered

Imgreat

Jun 27, 2007, 10:28:00 AM6/27/07
When trying to open my company or the sample company, I receive the following
error message: "General network error encountered, connection to DB has been
either turned off or server is not reachable. Please shut down application
and try to log on again". The interesting thing is that my file is not on a
server but on my hard drive.
Please give me a solution for this problem.

Nick

Jun 28, 2007, 10:46:02 AM6/28/07

Nick

Jun 28, 2007, 10:46:02 AM6/28/07
Hello,

Have you already had the software installed and data in your company?

I will assume that you are using Office Accounting 2007 and have default
instance names.

What you will want to check are your SQL settings. Go to Start > Run >
Services.msc and makse sure that you have one that says SQL Server (MSSMLBIZ)
and that it is running.

If that isnt the problem, go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office >
Office Accounting Tools > Data Utilities. Once you are there, click on the
Settings tab and make sure that your Instance name is set to MSSMLBIZ.

After that, go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL server 2005 >
Configuration Tools > SQL server Configuration Manager. Click the plus sign
next to SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration, then click on Protocols for
MSSMLBIZ. Double click on the TCP/IP protocol and then select the IP Address
tab and ensure that there is nothing in the TCP Dynamics Ports option and
that the TCP port is set to 5356.

Next you will want to go to your companies .sbc file (default location at
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Small Business
Accounting\Companies) and right click it and open with Note Pad. There
should only be two lines in this file, the first one should say
"database=YOURDATABASE" under that, it should say
"server=YOURCOMPUTERNAME\MSSMLBIZ,5356"

Hope that helps

Nick

Hankbreu breuk

Mar 30, 2011, 1:40:58 PM3/30/11
this the message I receive when trying to go to microsoft office accounting 2007 it worked for me when I shut the pc down ,next day it says,,, General network error encountered.